Unit 1 was built in 1938 at a cost of 1.2 million dollars. The building is sevem stories tall and constructed primarily out of brick, concrete, terrqzine, rubberized tile, and slate. The walls of Unit 1 are 18 thick, and it was the first building on campus to be constructed with concrete floors. The general contractor was John McShain Inc. Unit 1 featured operating suites, medical & administration offices, kitchen, dinning room, research labs, morgue, autopsy room, two movie theaters, an auditorium, recreation facility, and head sets for each bed that played two radio stations.

Click on the icons below to view the photo gallery 
 
 

[Back]

____________________________________________

Copyright 2007-2016 - Thomas Industries - All rights reserved